Editorial

Why YBNL’s Lil Kesh Is Hinted as Olamide’s Heir Presumptive

By

on

Lil Kesh

YBNL’s Ololade Keshinro popularly referred to as Lil Kesh has become a synonymous name in the Nigerian hip-hop scene as one of the fast rising acts in the country today. Lil Kesh aka “the shoki-master”. Barely 21 years old, the youngster started a new street dance in Nigeria, and his ‘SHOKI” song became one of the top 3 songs downloaded in Nigeria on iTunes and the remix video has close to 2million views.

We cannot take an indepth look at Lil Kesh’s career without doing a little flash-back to the origin of Indigenous rap in Nigeria. CEO of YBNL records, Olamide who signed Lil Kesh officially to his label in March 2014 also metamorphosed from humble beginnings just like Kesh is doing right now.

Olamide’s success story dates back to when he kicked off his career with Coded Tunes and how he credits the Late DaGrin as his inspiration. Olamide emerged into the indigenous rap scene right after the death of DaGrin which left a huge vacuum in Nigeria’s music industry and it didn’t take long before Olamide showed the world that he was good enough to fit into those shoes.

READ  Photos: Actress Uche Nnanna celebrates third wedding anniversary

And just like Olamide drew inspiration from DaGrin, Lil Kesh also draws inspiration from Olamide and has had a pretty impressive career so far, although he’s not where he ought to be just yet, it definitely looks like he’s right on his way and the pace is just perfect.

The first time we heard Lil Kesh was on a song titled ‘Lyrically’, a song which boasts of very witty and pun intended lines that easily got the attention of indigenous rap lovers from all over. Olamide shared the song with his fans and the feedback was amazing. We think that was when talks of Lil Kesh getting on the bandwagon talks began, and like every other upcoming artist, Lil Kesh needed a project to deliver him to the world, one to make him a force to reckon with, hence, he dropped Shoki.

Continued in page 2

Recommended for you

46 Comments

1. Seoselite

May 24, 2015 at 9:32 pm

Hw Can I Join Ybnl Nation

2. Plz ama qud rapper 2 staqe name nature usinq reminisce pattern hw can i be siqned plz

May 25, 2015 at 10:21 am

Nature

3. to join ybnl call 09034167452 only one more person needed, but dont forget me

May 28, 2015 at 11:45 pm

chinko ekun

4. Dammy beez

June 4, 2015 at 2:56 pm

Olamide has been a great inspirator to most nigerians nd lil kesh is just on the ryt path to glory.keep it up kinging nd kesh#thumbsup#am beeza

5. Lil'kesh rocks

June 11, 2015 at 9:09 pm

Busayo

6. Vigour

June 13, 2015 at 7:15 am

Am a gud rapper i need a gud record label to sign to and am young fellow

7. Anonymous

June 24, 2015 at 11:42 pm

My name is o_pexzy and wil like to work with baddo, baba milli

8. Kidfreak

June 26, 2015 at 5:03 pm

Am a greet rap bout in english n yoruba. have make 3track. m nt rich but lyk a king in music. i will lyk 2 join ybnl. if any member of ybnl can help me der here is my number. 07063351196 I REP YBNL #LISSTIN

9. Anonymous

June 26, 2015 at 9:01 pm

• AM A REPER AN A SIGER PLS I LOVE YBNL I PROMISE U OGA BADOO I WILL DO WELL 1 LOVE TO YBNL

March 7, 2016 at 4:28 pm

EMMANUEL OPARA STAGE NAME EMMYNONI

10. if u want 2 join ybnl call 08165372951

June 26, 2015 at 9:04 pm

Olamide baddo – ybnl boss

11. olamide baddo - ybnl boss

June 26, 2015 at 9:06 pm

12. olamide baddo - ybnl boss

June 26, 2015 at 9:08 pm

If u want 2 talk 2 me on fone call 08165245861…And meet chinko ekun, lil kesh, viktor etc…call now nt 2 b late….eeh baddo baddo…

13. wt a 1dafu record label,thumbs up

June 28, 2015 at 7:53 pm

Rukkie

14. Olamide badoo kip enjoying d music world is urs no other person pple dream of success bt u stay awake 2 achieve it may God bless ur rap world feelin u guy badoo

July 13, 2015 at 3:28 pm

Bhadmus Thoyossy

15. lolzzzz bt still I rep olamide nd lil kesh nd am nt expect to be signed to any record label I want to create my own named sTAGz record

July 18, 2015 at 12:04 pm

Rio aka casear

16. Anonymous

September 12, 2015 at 6:35 pm

Adepoju Abiola Olamide, I Want To Join D Ybln,i Am A Dancer And A Female Rapper,i Have 6tracks,pls Cal Me

• Cal me 08100499368

September 24, 2015 at 2:37 pm

Khryz Arr Bey

17. Anonymous

September 12, 2015 at 6:39 pm

08121212475

18. thA collins

September 25, 2015 at 10:15 pm

I love to be one of ybnl nation please help me

19. Am a very bad rapper lyk baddo nd am only 16 year 4 nw am regarded as d best rapper in k.d nd am sure i can battle lil kesh even in freestyle....i hv always wanted (ybnl) as my dream label 2 prove 2 d world......4rm .... Slaxzy a.k.a young issue

September 27, 2015 at 6:06 pm

Slaxzy a.ka. Young issue a.k.a raster man

20. I AM A GAL OF 15 YEARS ND ALSO A RAPPER LYK NICCKY MINAJ PLS I WANT U TO BE MY MENTOR COS I NEED UR GUIDE LYN CALL ME 08101004794

September 30, 2015 at 2:00 pm

NICKKY MOET

21. Olumide ( Ghost Rapper, Young Lord, Young Tycoon, Olu Monarch)

October 3, 2015 at 7:33 pm

Oga Badoo Am A Yoruba Rapper Bt Baba I Need Ur Help I Wish 2 Join Ybnl Coz Ur Nation Me I Dey Rep Ooooo For More Information U Can Call 08105161461 Or 08065295213 +2go: Idris8402 & Kogboregbe70 + Facebook: Olawale Idris Or By Number 08105161461 It Is I Olumide [Emi Na Re@ Oga Chinko Ekun]

22. Hello new bozz....i am an upcoming artiste and i would really like to work with you soon.... am a singer and a rapper.. pls get back to me asap 08107007644.. jah bless

October 30, 2015 at 11:52 pm

Frosh Lee

23. GOD bless YBNL,am a dancer pls help out (08171326283)ma number!!!!

November 9, 2015 at 8:46 pm

Temi

24. hello my name samgrin rapper like dagrin pls olamide don't forget me pls help me out to jion I promise am ready I will do well am from ibadan rapper pls help us this is my Phone number 08182446276 I love ybnl nation

November 23, 2015 at 8:00 am

Adeyemi samson aduragbemi

25. boss help boss 2 join ur nation,av been practicing nd am determined 2 make it with u,dis is my numbe 08185418251.....pls boss

November 23, 2015 at 10:21 pm

Pascal crown

26. boss na ur day eyanmayweather I dey beg,help me 2 fufil my vision

November 24, 2015 at 12:18 am

Pascal crown

27. A.y a•k•a starzy

December 27, 2015 at 5:39 pm

I am natural gfted 4 both english, yoruba and french rapping and I love been a part of YBNL even I neva mind of been below u cos b4 u be in the top u nid 2 leave in hot even nt mind to live in d hut je nai pa oublie comma jai commencer emi pelu mummy dammy jay lolllllll gagaga dat is my own style sha so if u think I will be useful den call dis line 08160280259. But I will always be saying dat after olamide whose is best rapper 4 my own I am d next in God name

28. lilflex

January 5, 2016 at 10:39 pm

we are frnd fredokid and lilflex we want to join ybnl nation we are singer and some to us through it my phone is 08101215991thank u

29. Am a good rapper,when 2 talk of free style am 75% sure of myself so if can help me and sign me 2 ybnl i will be very grathful u can call me on my number 08136695469l

February 5, 2016 at 10:08 am

John ayodeji a.k.a deji alajone

30. I'm by name young-face. I was given this name by my headmaster due to my level of talent in case of music and dancing. I will be very grade if u will give me a Chance pls. pls call me with this number 08058195929, or fb me @ Abuede Timothy Evidence. I pr

February 7, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Young-face

31. please all YBNL nations members please help me to be one of your member i have 5tracks pls this is my no 08183455098 badoo jor o shanu mio

February 8, 2016 at 1:13 am

my name is kareem Akeem AKA Ak Black

32. President Y.B.N .l Olamide badoo,i greet all my fans, tuale baba, i'm ogedengbe Dele A.k.A youngest Rapgrin(local street raper)my talent and my vision is to rap please help me to fulfil my vision by signing me into Y.B.N.L . Oga please call this number 0

February 11, 2016 at 11:19 pm

Ogedengbe Dele A.k.A youngest Rapgrin.

33. ola kesh

February 12, 2016 at 8:43 pm

by baddoo baddest guy ever liveth, headmaster lomo ko she prefect, am just 15 plus and i will like to be part of the Ybnl nations soldiers to fight the crime of music, bokoharam of music go die soon, God bless Olamide baddoo, lil kesh, viktoh, baba Adekunle Gold respect etc.

34. Anonymous

February 14, 2016 at 5:17 pm

Baba agba badoo, i’m smart ay from ijebu imusin near ijebu itele. I need your help sir, i’m a good musician and a raper , i want to join ybnl, i’v done two tracks. This my number 08100623340, i will be happy if you can help me.

35. c.e.o of ybnl,plz jst sign me to ur nation plz oooo,my bbm pin 59101593,whassap 08133662095

February 23, 2016 at 11:40 am

SEWEN STICAL

36. Sir olamide baddo adedeji plz i need ur help it me fash damola nd people always call me baddo second caz i can rap in yoruba,english,hausa,ijebu lyk u and i have music for ybnl nd d title is ijo ybnl nd i also have another track ybnl nation plz i need ur

March 9, 2016 at 10:49 pm

Fash damola baddo second

37. I salute u baba nla I v lik 6 track plss I nd help I can't let my talent die in me, I can rap, sing kindly call me on dis 08189703194 tnks

March 16, 2016 at 12:38 pm

Tumise best

38. ola

April 8, 2016 at 6:00 pm

Y B N L the best.one love four you all.this my number 09031701773

39. My name is Abdulsalam popular known in gwagwalada as slowman

April 13, 2016 at 2:38 pm

Am a street rapper, I rap haven and oven. l will like to work with olamide aka k.baddoo aka baba milli.
    If my request may be accept Dan here’s my contact 08184905067

40. please help me am a singer and rapper if u cn hav a person like me u group will hav a lot in. d future so pls help me call [email protected] thanks alot

April 18, 2016 at 5:53 pm

Lil fresh

41. please help me am a singer and rapper if u cn hav a person like me u group will hav a lot in. d future so pls help me call [email protected] thanks alot

April 18, 2016 at 5:54 pm

Lee_money

42. Hardeyshewar

April 19, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Pls I Nid Ur Help I Want To U To Make My Dreams Come True,i Lov Singing Romantic Music But I Cant Compose,if U Help Me U Wil Become My Second God Dis My Waxap Lyn 09039920370

43. am the rapper with the passion flow in any dimension nd i love Ybnl nation........ 08171643000.....pls help

May 3, 2016 at 1:47 pm